Welcome to the Otaku Club Home

Let's Do Something

Flowteau
    Admin

Let's Do Something

Post  Flowteau on Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:23 am

Hey guys, HoovesAndScratches and YellowNinja have returned, so we should do something. Hooves and I agreed we should go to Narvalo, a narwhal-themed ice cream place that I like. We need a plan on what else to do and a basic reference of when people would be available this coming week.

edit: this would be tuesday at the earliest.

Last edited by Flowteau on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Re: Let's Do Something

Post  Flowteau on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:12 pm

It appears that Dragonkiller is on board for this mission.

Location : Inside the Forest Temple, heading where the wind will guide me, on Tallon IV (being hopelessly lost), and on Victory Road

Post  selfhelpguru on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:16 pm

Sweet! Saturday is my first day off from work in a couple of weeks. How about Saturday?

Flowteau
    Admin

Post  Flowteau on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:17 pm

selfhelpguru wrote:Sweet! Saturday is my first day off from work in a couple of weeks. How about Saturday?

We are trying to fit in as many hangout days this week as possible since YellowNinja leaves on Sunday. I should be free every day this week, and YN says Saturday "probably" works for him... so Saturday would be one of the days we do stuff.

I doubt we'll have a movie night today because it's getting kind of late to plan that.

Also Narvalo does have sorbettos.

Edit: From my conversations with the guys both yesterday and today, it looks like the current prioritized movies from the list are The Prodigy (the older movie from the Life's a Jungle people) and the Evil Dead trilogy. Also Dipsock said he would attend a movie night for Wolf Children, even though he has already seen it, so we should do that before he leaves for college.

Admin

Post  Flowteau on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:25 am

SHG informed me that on Friday he's working from 2pm 6:30pm.
    HoovesAndScratches won't be available on Saturday.
    It looks like we'd need to have the movie night(s) on Thursday and/or Friday.

We've decided that everyone from the original Life's a Jungle crew (YN, HAS, Boz, and myself) must be present for The Prodigy, and I'd much prefer that YellowNinja and HoovesAndScratches could both attend the Evil Dead marathon, so the questions are:

1.Should we break the record and fit four movies in one day (with plenty of other stuff like great card games YN and I own and Splatoon to break them up), or just have two separate movie nights?
    2.What times should we have these events?
    3.Where should the events take place? (I know SHG offered to host for the Evil Dead marathon because he has a big screen, but that would only be worth it if... well, we could get the big screen.

Also, the Evil Dead trilogy is 252 minutes (4.2 hours) long, the Ash vs Evil Dead trailer is 3 minutes and 19 seconds long, and The Prodigy is 77 minutes (1.28 hours long), so watching them all starting at 7pm isn't an option because we'd be going quite late. The only way everyone could see all the movies is if we have a single movie day, starting with The Prodigy around noon and then continuing movie-watching with the Evil Dead trilogy when SHG gets back from work. This leads to the last question:

4.SHG, would you care enough about watching The Prodigy with us such that we would have to use this plan, or are you okay with just watching it some other week at the likely second screening, if ever?

Edit: Anthony is interested in The Prodigy and Splatoon, but not Evil Dead. The plan as-is would work well for him.

Admin

Post  Bozwaldo on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:03 am

Bad news man. Parentos vetoed it being at my place (Vegan Hovel) Friday (today) (the 28th) so someone else has to host.

Also I think we should watch The Prodigy toward the end, like before or after Army of Darkness. That way SHG will be off from work and can see it, and I, who has to be away from ~1:10 to ~2:50, can also see it.

Admin

Post  Flowteau on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:17 am

Bozwaldo wrote:Bad news man. Parentos vetoed  it being at my place (Vegan Hovel) Friday (today) (the 28th) so someone else has to host.

Also I think we should watch The Prodigy toward the end, like before or after Army of Darkness. That way SHG will be off from work and can see it, and I, who has to be away from ~1:10 to ~2:50, can also see it.

I'll see if I could host. My parents virtually never veto anything. It would be convenient since we could watch (T)ED early, and Anthony could just walk over to my place when we're done with that. Also your suggestion is good because then Dragonkiller would be able to see The Prodigy. I vote for getting dinner at that Mexican place from last time because I've had enough pizza for a while. Also Dipsock was confirmed to show up; he'll be there for a few hours for the card/video games, and then A.F. will take him to a football game at his school.

So if (T)ED is set for a relatively early showing, I think we can say The Prodigy's showing time is fairly flexible and will just depend on when everyone is available.

Admin

Post  Flowteau on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:05 am

I'm hosting. I think we could start around 3.

Post  yellowninja on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:42 am

sounds good. i have errands to do, so this fits rather well with my schedule.
    Bozwaldo
    Admin

Post  Bozwaldo on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:55 pm

SHG and I won't be able to come until he gets off work at the earliest. tongue

Location : Inside the Forest Temple, heading where the wind will guide me, on Tallon IV (being hopelessly lost), and on Victory Road

Post  selfhelpguru on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:13 pm

Bozwaldo wrote:SHG and I won't be able to come until he gets off work at the earliest. :tongue:

AKA at around 7

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:29 pm