Welcome to the Otaku Club Home

card game idea

yellowninja

card game idea

Post  yellowninja on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:42 pm

This is an idea for a card game that has been in my head for a while and I thought I would share.

What do you think?

Magic based dueling card game.

In this game, you fight and defend by casting spells. But, the difference in this game, is that you have to build your spell by linking together cards
    2 types of cards:

-Spell cards: used to build spells. These are your primary method of attacking and dealing damage. Stronger defenses can be built with these cards but they take time to create. Some cards work better together than others. The longer and better built the sequence, the more powerful the spell becomes. Spell cards can be separated into 3 categories
    -->element: (fire water earth air). Your base spell type. These cards can only be used in this particular element
    -->generic: these cards have no element and can be used in whatever element type
    -->special: these cards have a special effect and can be used to change your spell. Some can be used to give an additional element type to your spell and some are spell cards with 2 types. Stronger cards are usually in this category.

-Gameplay cards: these cards are used to affect gameplay and to interfere with your opponent. Cards can be sabotage, defense or buff. These cards are not to be linked together and cannot be included into your spell sequence. Sabotage cards are to negatively affect your opponent and to interfere with their spell sequence. Defense cards in this category are quicker than the defense spells, but not as powerful. Buff cards can be used to positively affect you and make it easier to build spells, heal, etc.

This game operates on a risk vs. reward system. You can take your time and can build a strong spell, but you risk your opponent playing either a strong spell before you finish or another card to interfere with your cards. Obviously it’s more in-depth than that as their will be cards that you can use to protect yourself and stuff.

To win:
    I’m not sure just yet, but I guess to win you have to reduce your opponents health to 0.
    Bozwaldo
    Admin

Re: card game idea

Post  Bozwaldo on Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:22 am

yellowninja wrote:This game operates on a risk vs. reward system. You can take your time and can build a strong spell, but you risk your opponent playing either a strong spell before you finish or another card to interfere with your cards.

Sounds like Starcraft.

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:43 pm