Welcome to the Otaku Club Home

Ferrk the NSA general

Bozwaldo
    Admin

Ferrk the NSA general

Post  Bozwaldo on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:37 pm

OK guys, listen up. Get off your lazy rears and put them in gear, because it's time again to WRITE/EMAIL/CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES!!!!

Apparently Feinstein snuck in an amendment to the most recent funding bill that makes it expressly legal for the NSA to give warrantless collected data (from ISPs, etc.) to local law enforcement for any purpose they like.

SO THIS IS MAKING IT EFFING LEGAL TO USE ILLEGALLY-GATHERED INFORMATION AGAINST ANYONE IN COURT because the police don't have to disclose where they got their evidence in this situation.

And yeah NSA spying, crap, fugg these ppl.

Link to 8chan/tech/ thread about this:

https://8chan.co/tech/res/69146.html

Also I'm making this a global announcement because this is a cereal problem.

Last edited by Bozwaldo on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : un-global-announcded because eh it's not new anymore)

Admin

Re: Ferrk the NSA general

Post  Bozwaldo on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:16 pm

Whitehouse.gov petition in case those work. (Might get people's/media's attention if nothing else):
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/protect-our-privacy-and-please-veto-hr-4681-aka-intelligence-authorization-act-fiscal-year-2015/lln5hN5c

A kind Anon read the amendment and commented on some segments (anon's commentary seemed reasonable):

Anonymous wrote:>very start of bill
    (Sec. 302) Prohibits the authorization of appropriations by this Act from being deemed to constitute authority to conduct any intelligence activity not otherwise authorized by the Constitution or laws of the United States.
    >actions taken with regard to data mining procedures below are not to be compared with the "constitutions or US laws" when determining if illegal or not.

(Sec. 303) Requires funds appropriated for the construction of the High Performance Computing Center 2 (as described in the table entitled Consolidated Cryptologic Program in the classified annex to accompany the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013 [P.L. 113-6]) that exceed the amount specified in the classified annex accompanying the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 to be specifically authorized by Congress for purposes of complying with restrictions on the use of appropriated funds under the National Security Act of 1947.
    >WE BUILDING BIGGER CPU FARM SINCE OUR OLD ONE IS GETTING FULL!

(Sec. 315) Expands a grant program for historically black colleges and universities to include predominantly black institutions.
    >kek

Defines "cleared intelligence contractor" as a private entity granted clearance by the DNI or the head of an element of the intelligence community to access, receive, or store classified information for the purpose of bidding for a contract or conducting activities in support of any program of an element of the intelligence community.
    >we aren't actually collecting info, these guys are...for us

Prohibits dissemination outside the intelligence community of information obtained or derived through such procedures that is not created by or for the intelligence community, except: (1) with approval of the contractor providing such information, (2) to Congress, or (3) to law enforcement agencies to investigate a reported penetration.
    >GUYS we won't give away information we collect on the public UNLESS THE CONTRACTOR AGREES! or LAW ENFORCEMENT NEEDS IT

(Sec. 501) Requires the DNI, subject to the direction of the President, to: (1) ensure that the background of each employee or officer and contractor of the intelligence community is monitored continuously to determine their eligibility for access to classified information
    >must suck to be one of those contractors

Location : In either: Hyrule, Lorule, Skyloft, or Termina Field

Post  TheWeakestLink on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:26 pm

you know what they say, "Fuck the police" but seriously... shouldn't this be a problem? Wouldn't the constitutional amendments be violated because of this?
    Flowteau
    Admin

Post  Flowteau on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Alright, I signed the petition. How do I into emailing representative?

Admin

Post  Bozwaldo on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:24 pm

TheWeakestLink wrote:you know what they say, "Fuck the police" but seriously... shouldn't this be a problem? Wouldn't the constitutional amendments be violated because of this?

You'd think, but so far when anyone has tried to bring a suit about this violating the "no unwarranted searches and seizures" clause and all that the courts have ruled the plaintiffs don't have standing to even make a case... because they can't prove that they specifically have been snooped on, because these are all "secret" programs! It's ridiculous.

Flowteau wrote:Alright, I signed the petition. How do I into emailing representative?

You can just go to http://issa.house.gov/ and email him with whatever form he has. If you're in his district, that is. He's an absolute scumbag, but he's unpredictable enough (in the Rand Paul school of unpredictability) that he's apt to be against the spying.

In other news, Creppe, it's the 20th already? dammit

Location : Inside the Forest Temple, heading where the wind will guide me, on Tallon IV (being hopelessly lost), and on Victory Road

Post  selfhelpguru on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:58 pm

Where's the petition D:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:31 pm